Thursday, August 5, 2010

Berzerkers Pt 2

Hey,
Been a little while since I posted. I've been playing too much SC2 (starCraft 2) and not enough model painting.

Anyways I have spent a little time on the Berzerkers I was intending on painting, and made myself a nice little area down in the cellar for painting and modelling. It's cold, dank and smells like mould. But it's a nice little spot, where I won't get in peoples way or make the house look messy with my clutter.

As for the Berzerkers. I have gone for a base coat of Chaos Black, followed by a heavily watered down paint over of Scab Red. I literally splashed the Scab Red on like a wash, then blew vigorously to remove bubbles. This was followed up with a wash of Baal Red, then a wash with Devlan Mud. You could probably skip the Baal Red and just use the Devlan Mud.

You could alternatively go over it with Brown Ink (if you still have a bottle of the Citadel stuff). This was very nice, but very glossy. I would in hindsight advise NOT putting on the washes till after the highlights, you hit the red and it's a turd to match once the wash is on.

Next up was painting the details which is very much a straight forward affair. Gold, white and silver on their respective areas. Once I've finished this first model, I'll post up pictures to show the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment