Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bitz and Pieces

Bitz... Don't you just love em! They are small, expensive and in some cases a real turd to get. I had heard that Games Workshop, used to have quite an extensive Bitz collection on offer through their site a couple of years back. This unluckily is not the case anymore.

Now I am stuck to scouring the internets for such things as Aspiring Champion bitz, Icons, Poles and other assorted pieces. On my journeys, I found a couple of good online stores and a couple of decent Ebay stores as well. These include:

The Combat Company: They are an Aussie store with quite an assortment of bitz plus other things. I picked up a bunch of Aspiring parts and also 4 brushes for $20AU. They arrived pretty damn quick so I was happy.

Bitz Box: Not a bad site. Very well priced and arrived quite quickly. The downside is they usually have very little in the way of stuff I'm looking for. I also posted a request on their forums, which was subsequently ignored as well.

Hoard-O-Bitz: Very good little ebay store, postage was a little rich, but he had stuff I just could not get elsewhere.

Window-Box: Another good Ebay store. The owner was nice enough to even put them in a little plastic box. I could just feel the love! :)

Now the last thing I need to mention is the Army Painter Red Primer I bought. What a bastard that was! I started out by laying on so much paint, one of the models looked like they needed to go on a diet. I then got half way through can and the pressure fizzled out on me! Not happy jan!

2 comments:

  1. I adore Hoard o Bitz! It's hard NOT to find something you need from them, but I agree on the postage issue. I usually end up finding other things or waiting until I need something else to make it worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey HurricaneGirl, I actually stuffed up. Hoard o Bitz were the ones that put my items in a little plastic box... Not the other guys. Next time I need some bitz off them, I'll buy a Reaper model or two to take advantage of the combined postage.

    ReplyDelete