Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Umm.. Which Way Did That Wing Go?

The one thing that I love about good models is the attention to details. Lots of intricate and lovingly crafted pieces may be fine and dandy on things like model planes, cars, etc. Though when it comes to models from places like Games Workshop it becomes a worrying thing.

The reason for the worry is the time, effort and copious amounts of money we are willing to waste in creating a (hopefully) sexy looking models. Only for them to be dragged around the countryside to be manhandled, dropped, scratched and possibly even thrown in anger (I've seen dice fly, still waiting to see models become projectiles).

I have succeeded in snapping spiky bits off my Dreadnought's, Predator and Rhino's. Lost weapons and chipped the hell out of my Obliterator's. Plus a large chunk of my Khorne Berzerker's are missing arms and backpacks. I also kind of smashed someone else's Land Raider by kicking a piece off. This wasn't intentional, I just didn't see it while carrying an obscenely large box of terrain.

I really don't have an answer as to how to fix this problem, other than leaving them at home in a cupboard or display case. But where's the fun in that? I'm willing to have my models systematically fall to pieces (as they do) just so I can enjoy a game of Warhammer. Ti's but a small price to pay. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment