Saturday, January 1, 2011

What Did Santa Bring You?

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to anyone that may be looking at my blog. While I only got one Warhammer related item on Christmas Day (a CSM codex), I did get some other nifty things, like a new BIG ASS TV! Now I can watch my Blu-Ray and HD-DVD (I took advantage of the HD-DVD blowout sales) movies in 1080p.

Other than these great items, the wife and I were bequeathed some cash from a relative. I used some of this to buy a box of Thousand Sons, Malifaux Nicodem and a Ultraforge Miniatures "Lord of Pestilence".

The reason for me choosing Malifaux was because my Son is starting to give them a try and it's really quite cheap to get into. As for the Lord of Pestilence, I have been wanting to buy a Summoned Greater Daemon for my army, though had always found GW's asking price of $100 obscenely expensive for a rather crap looking model. Our friend, who is also the local Games day organizer and GW seller mentioned these Ultraforge offerings for half the price. This particular one was only $36AU, though it looks extremely nice.

I have to say I'm looking forward to painting this one, which is a very good thing because I have been extremely lazy for the last couple of weeks. Too much food and alcohol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment