Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Battle Report: Well Kind Of

It's been a while since my last post, and I honestly haven't done too much. I've been procrastinating over what the hell to use as a Necromunda army, and have come up blank every time. I don't really want to buy Games Workshops seriously old, seriously outdated, seriously ugly and seriously expensive Necromunda models. But I may not have a choice due to the lacking amount of alternatives.

On a battle report note. I did have some fun with a mate named Dan. He is a Warhammer veteran of some 15 years and quite an accomplished painter to boot. We played a rather large 2500 point battle mission, with his Orks against my Chaos Space Marines.

The Boyz swarming in

Funnily enough, I managed to hold off his absurdly large army and we finished on a draw. I was very happy with this and it was a great game! Our rematch is going to be a 2 regiment setup, with 3000 points per side. The interesting thing with this is the chance to take up to 4 HQ's and even 6 HS! We have also allowed Apocalypse armory to make an appearance in the form of a flyer each. Hardcore fun here we come!


A Big Tank Thingy

The pictures you're seeing on here are Dan's impressive Ork models. As I stated earlier, he has been an avid Warhammer fanatic for over 15 years and has nearly every army ever made, the lucky bastard!

2 comments:

  1. Some nice looking stuff indeed. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would've posted up some battle images. But my armless, headless, primed and bare base army is just too embarrassing! One day I'll get them painted and they'll look about 1/10th as good as yours and Dan's models :D

    ReplyDelete