Saturday, November 27, 2010

Rules, Rules. Rules





Talk about needing the brain of an elephant. I have been playing Warhammer (40k) for a few months and am still trying to get my head around all of the damn rules.

The worst ones are hit and damage. So many points to hit this particular type of person, animal, monster, alien, etc. Then so many points to wound based on Weapon Skill, Ballistic Skill, Strength, Toughness and which way the wind is currently blowing. One day I will somehow work it out. By that time the whole game will probably change, and I'll have to re-learn it all again.

Anyways It's still a fun game to play. But my son is getting bored of Warhammer and is looking at branching out to different games. Namely Necromunda, Warmachine and Blood Bowl.

The advantage of these over Warhammer is space. While Warhammer needs a specific sized table, which is bloody huge, the others can be played on a normal old dining table. Which means we can play them at home!

2 comments:

  1. As for to hits and the like, maybe this could help:

    http://sonsoftaurus.blogspot.com/2010/11/40k-basics-simple-numbers.html

    For small games, may I also suggest Killzone? It's an in-the-works fan made supplement similar to Kill Team and Necromunda for skirmishes in small spaces.

    You can find links to the downloads here, along the left side:

    http://galaxyinflames.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting those links! I found your blog on numbers to be extremely useful.

    I'll let my son know about Kilzone, he's currently on the lookout for any skirmish type games to play at home or at the local clubs.

    ReplyDelete