Thursday, November 25, 2010

Sticky Fingers

I've been putting together some of the models that I had gotten for my birthday. This includes a squad of Plague Marines, Daemon Prince and Chaos Terminators.

While the Prince and Terminators are relatively simple affairs, the Plague Marines are a royal turd. The reason for this is because they are metal. Gluing metal to plastic is not too much of an issue, gluing metal to metal, that's another story!

Some things you can do to alleviate the pain, frustration and obscene language involved in gluing metal parts is to (what I call) checker the joins before gluing.

I will get my trusty blade and slice a checker board style pattern on the joins before gluing. This will give the glue a pitted surface to adhere to. You could also go over the joins with emery cloth or a file.

If this doesn't work, then you can try pinning. I haven't done this yet, so will have to post my results in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment