Saturday, November 27, 2010

Which one of you bastards stole my Meltagun?

Rant time! I have been scratching my head and feeling my face grow red with anger over Games Workshop's concept of supplying parts.

If you have been following my blog, you would know that I have been currently putting together Chaos Terminators and Plague marines. Now, the dilemma with this is I want to have Lightning Claws on the Terminators and 2 Meltagun's on my Marines. Are there either of these in the boxes? NO!

My choices now involve 2 things. Try and source the Bitz or chuck the shits. While chucking the shits will make me feel happy for a short amount of time, it won't fix my problem.

Sourcing the bitz involves paying Games Workshop $17AU (Australian) for 5 Meltaguns and $37 friggin dollars (!!!) for 5 sets of Lightning Claws. After shelling out $50 for each set, they can get fucked if they think they're going to get another $55 for crap they should've supplied in the box!

Anyways, I really have no choice when it comes to Meltaguns. So it's off to Games Workshop for these. But I will be buying some Space Marine variant of the Lightning Claws from any of the decent bitz stores.

The point I'm making here is if you are just starting out in the wonderful world of Warhammer, be ready to be screwed over and ultimately let down by Games Workshop. If you are an established Warhammer player/modeler then you will feel my pain :)

1 comment:

  1. I would try the bitz sellers before buying something like that direct. The lightning claws you may also be able to pick up from a local SM player - most folks do their assault terminators with TH/SS these days and may have the LCs sitting in a box.

    ReplyDelete