Tuesday, May 31, 2011

For the Dark Gods!

I have felt a tad confident since the mildly successful photographing and posting of Reaper's Mouslings yesterday, and have decided to add some photo's of the Chaos Space Marines I have been painting.

Black Legion is easy to paint, are recognizable and can be done quickly. I am still a novice painter, and had jumped in the deep end with my Khorne Berzerkers a year ago. Red is not an easy colour to apply, and I found that out the hard way. Black Legion is probably the most well known Chaos Legion, and is also one of the fastest to paint. Prime black, do the edging gold and silver, paint some filler and you're done. It's really that simple.

As you can see, it's not the best of jobs, but I'm really quite happy with the results. My hand has been getting steadier, and I have been trying different colours on parts of the models to offer a individual feel for each model. I have yet to do the bases, they will come after I have painted the 40-50 CSM models I have to paint.

Also, if you're possibly wondering why I have coloured bars on the bases. These models were the first ones I bought. They were second hand, all pre-built (and pre-broken), and either badly painted or primered. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing game wise, so my Son helped me colour code them into squads, and unit types. The guy up top is in the bone squad, and I probably had him as a normal guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment